Re: how do I write this simple formula

The previous email does not have the attahed file.  This one does.

John,
I did a search and found your posts concerning IRL.  I am concerned about not
being able to change symbol names.  However, I will talk to Industry Monitors
tomorrow morning and ask them the questions below.  Right now, I just need to
decide what product I should buy.  Essentially, all I want is the product
which will give me the most profit potential.  Which product, AAII or IRL,
has given you the best results?

I reread the AAII product info and it also seems to include industry groups.
 Can you tell me how effective it is in telling you how each industry is
doing?  Can you create industry indices as in IRL?  Can you create industry
folders and update them as in the IRL product?  I have copied the paragraph
from the AAII product description which covers this subject.  I have also
attached the full AAII description of Stock Investor 2.1 as a text file for
anyone who is interested.

"Industry Comparisons
An experienced investor appreciates the value of examining industry
statistics and performing comparative analysis. Stock Investor provides
comprehensive information on general business sectors as well as specific
industries. Reports are available for each group, and you can screen for
standout companies in each industry."

I called Industry Monitors today and left a message on their system at
11:50am PT.  No one called back.  As with other companies I have dealt with,
such as Corel, their technical support is very poor.
I will have to call Industry Monitors at 8am PT (they only answer at this
time) in the morning and ask them the following questions.  You don't have to
respond if it is too much bother.  I will have them answer these questions:
1.  If I copy all 8,000 stocks from the IRL CD to my hard drive, will I still
not be able to change the symbol names?
2.  Do you simply delete the stock from the industry group?  What about stock
splits?
3.  Does this mean you must continue to buy the IRL CD's.  If so, what do you
do with the data from the previous CD, delete it?

<< I happen to have both programs. I have received three CDs from AAII and I
have been trying to use IRL program about one month. You may have noticed a
couple of e-mails I sent to this group. If not please let me know and I will
forward them to you. I have observed from the past e-mails that a few others
in this group also have this IRL program. I would suggest you tell us what
you expect from this program and some of us with the proper knowledge will
attempt to answer them.

 From my past e-mail I have not noticed any interest in or anyone
communicating about AAII stock data base program and its filtering within
this group.

In a message dated 97-06-24 16:46:42 EDT, metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx