RE: getting data from web

I have a second phone line (residential hookup) for my business that I own. I
use that phone line when I am dialed up on the internet. I will say that I need
to have my calls rolled over to the other line but I have not done that yet. My
internet connection is through the U of M and has a flexible pay rate. 1st 30
hrs free. Then each additional 30 hours after is $8/30hours. (Alumini).

I finally hooked up my 386 on the network and it works great. A bit slower than
a 486 but with only 8 mgs ram it does what I need. I added a $35 VGA 256 shades
of grey greyscale IBM monitor. So I ended up spending less than $150 for
memory, vga card & monitor, network card, cable and connector. So I was
pleased.

I hope you can check them out PCQuote. They offer a great deal for $75.

Harley Meyer

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997 09:48:26 -0500,
bdoeden@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote...
>Harley Meyer wrote:
>>
>> If you have internet access the go to PCQuote for your real time date. A
>friend
>> of mine has had Signal for years and is finally moving to PCQuote. Hate to
>> sound like a salesperson but for $75/MO you get more than what Signal gives.
>> Plus the quotes are much faster. As far as Metastock RT and PCQuote I dought
>> that they will work together. But considering the money you spend for Signal
>> year you can spend it more wisely some place else.
>>
>> This is what I have so far. I have the $75/mo level. It has Excel support.
>The
>> quotes come in to Excel. I now have three computers networked with win95.
One
>> connects to the internet and collects the data. The other two do graphing by
>> linking the data over the network. For example one computer plots the
UP/Down
>> volume ratio and PSE, Dow & Transportation. The other will graph the the
>> securities.
>>
>> I have very simple macros that keep the links up dated automatically. At
>times
>> I have used the OLE support in Excel and Metastock 6.0 to graph the closing
>> price of the security in real times at times as well.
>>
>> Anyway PCQuote offerss a 1 week free trial.
>> They have their problems at times but I will say they are trying very hard
>with
>> their customer service and their service is getting better all the time.
>>
>> Harley
>> Harley Meyer
>> meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx
-
>---
>Interesting.
>
>I use DTN for my data which comes in delayed over cable.  I feed this
>into a
>software program called Livewire which includes both charting and
>portfolio
>management.  I dedicate one computer to this and have networked another
>computer
>using NT 4.0 Charting is good but not as good as Metastock.  I have to
>convert
>the data to use it in Metastock.  I've been looking around and looked at
>PCQuote
>a couple of days ago. Looked interesting.
>
>Do you have a dedicated phone line connected to the Inet all day to get
>the data
>from PCQuote?
>
>Bob Doeden
>Chicago
>
>Remove SPAM from email address when replying.

Harley Meyer
meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx