Re: getting data from web

Richard,

I use http://www.quote.com for all of my news and data for MetaStock.
  You can have emails sent to you during the day with up-to-the-minute
news releases on the companies you are tracking, plus track your
portfolio p&l.    I usually update MetaStock once a week, and find that
www.quote.com suits my needs for ticker price histories.   It costs me
$25 a month (I like having their charts (simple) available during the
day).   Their lowest package costs $10/month, which I think you'll find
to be the cheapest of any service (for being able to download stock
ticker price histories).    Their format is comma-delimited which
MetaStock supports through the Downloader menu option "converter".

Also, I do all of my trades through http://www.ndb.com, which is National
Discount Brokers' web page (they were previously at http://pawws.com).
  This web page has some news & charting (simple) tools available for
customers.

Alex Szarka
szarkaa@xxxxxxx

P.S.   If you go this route, download the stock (& indexes) price data
through an ftp (file transfer protocol) software, instead of your web
browser.   A shareware ftp is available at http://www.ipswitch.com (make
a very good ftp product).   Quote.Com's ftp site on the web is
ftp://ftp.quote.com (you will need to use the ftp software to get the
speed benefit and be able to pass your user id and password to
quote.com).