Re: Daily Charts

All,
     Another good week in the market.  I need some new small cap picks to
replace Advanced Logic Research which I sold Yesterday for a great two week
profit when Gateway made their merger offer.  I think I've found then in Bell
Microproducts (BELM) and Dataram Corp (DTM).
     BELM at 11.5 is in an Intermediate Term Up Trend Channel (ITUTC) with the
top at 15.5 and the bottom at 10.8.  It looks like it broke out of a short
term down trend channel by going up and down through it several times in the
last two weeks.  It actually closed below the bottom of the ITUTC in late
April by bounced back inside the next day.  It then moved up for a couple of
weeks then moved sideways to its current position near the bottom of the
channel again.  BELM markets and distributes a select group of semiconductor
and computer products.  It's fundamentals are great with a PSR of 0.20, a PE
of 11.8, Debt/Equity of 0.74, 35% insider ownership, revenue growth of 40% and
earnings growth of 93% over the last year.  My RSquared, S/C, and TRIX
indicators suggest that a new Short Term Up Trend Channel (STUTC) has just
started.  It's not far enough along to plot yet, So I'll work off the
intermediate trend until we get more data.  I'll open a position Monday if the
market looks OK.  I'll set the target at 15 under the top if the ITUTC and the
stop at 10.75 under the bottom of the ITUTC.
     DTM at 9.625 is in a long, intermediate, and short term up trend.  The
top of the ITUTC is at 13 1/2 and the bottom at 8 3/8.  The top of the STUTC
is at 12 1/4 and the bottom at 9 5/8.  It bounced off the bottom of the ITUTC
in late April, moved up and then pulled back to its current position at the
bottom of the STUTC.  DTM develops, manufactures, and markets computer add-in
memory products.  It also has great fundamentals with a PSR of 0.49, PE of
8.69, no debt, and 25% insider ownership.  It's revenues were only up a little
last year, but its earnings were up over 200%.  I'll also open a position in
DTM Monday if the market looks OK.  I'll set the target at 13 just under the
ITUTC and the stop at 8 3/4 just under the bottom of the STUTC.
     I'm sending MetaStock charts in gif format to everyone on my e-mail list.
 If you're not on and want on, just yell.  The only obligation is
participation in this e-mail forum.

Jim