MetaStock 6 and Quattro Pro 7

Harley Meyer wrote:

> If you have internet access the go to PCQuote for your real time date. A friend
> of mine has had Signal for years and is finally moving to PCQuote. Hate to
> sound like a salesperson but for $75/MO you get more than what Signal gives.
> Plus the quotes are much faster. As far as Metastock RT and PCQuote I dought
> that they will work together. But considering the money you spend for Signal a
> year you can spend it more wisely some place else.
>
> This is what I have so far. I have the $75/mo level. It has Excel support. The
> quotes come in to Excel. I now have three computers networked with win95. One
> connects to the internet and collects the data. The other two do graphing by
> linking the data over the network. For example one computer plots the UP/Down
> volume ratio and PSE, Dow & Transportation. The other will graph the the
> securities.
>
> I have very simple macros that keep the links up dated automatically. At times
> I have used the OLE support in Excel and Metastock 6.0 to graph the closing
> price of the security in real times at times as well.
>
> Anyway PCQuote offerss a 1 week free trial.
> They have their problems at times but I will say they are trying very hard with
> their customer service and their service is getting better all the time.
>
> Harley
> Harley Meyer
> meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx
Interesting.

I use DTN for my data which comes in delayed over cable.  I feed this
into a
software program called Livewire which includes both charting and
portfolio
management.  I dedicate one computer to this and have networked another
computer
using NT 4.0 Charting is good but not as good as Metastock.  I have to
convert
the data to use it in Metastock.  I've been looking around and looked at
PCQuote
a couple of days ago. Looked interesting.

Do you have a dedicated phone line connected to the Inet all day to get
the data
from PCQuote?

Bob Doeden
Chicago

Remove SPAM from email address when replying.