Re: Excel to Metastock Coversion

  • To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE:Excel to Metastock Coversion
  • From: AMARINkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk (Ant. Marín Sánchez)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:03:34 -0700 (PDT)

To: AMARIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: RIFKI@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:21:53 SLT0

> I've just joined the Forum and guess what, have an immediate problem!
> Why on earth does Metastock use the date format of "mm/dd/yy", I am
> finding it impossible to convert all the  data I downloaded from the
> Internet , all of which have "yyddmm". The Date Format option in
> Excel just doesn't work. PLEASE HELP.
> All you have to do is , in the Excel,  mark de date column go to Edit
> and find and replace de date in plain ascii text to the format you
> want. Then save it.

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I can't seem to Replace
date in Plain ASCII. How do I do this?

Hallo Rifki. I prefer to send it to Metastock-list because it is a
list for the benefit of every body on the list.

When you mark any cell in the Excel , if you pulse the right botton
then you will have a new window with several options. One of then is
to change the format of the content of the cell. In our case, we have
to choose text or plain numbers without decimal. After that you can
find and replace any alphanumeric character in the cells.
Good luck.
________Antonio Marin Sanchez_______
Mailto AMARIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx