Excel to Metastock Coversion

Answer to first question:

The Jump can occur because both price maybe moving in opposite directions.

Lets say that the S&P has data points 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,....

Lets say that company has data points 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,....

So the comparative relative strength is company/S&P.

SO for the first day we have 2/1 = 2
2nd day 4/2 = 2
3rd day 6/3 = 2

So this says that the company is moving twice as fast as the S&P.

So how could we get a jump up. Either the S&P fell so if instead on the
3rd day we had 6/1 = 6 would make it jump up. Or a jump could be from the
company price jumping up. So on the 3rd day we could have 18/3 = 6 which would
give a jump up.

Finally we could have the company move up a little and the S&P fall a little so
ont the third day we could have  12/2 = 6. Which could give the jump up. Of
course yo could have jump downs as well.

I hope you get the idea of how the comparative relative strength works.

Question two:

You can do this with the P indicator in 6.0. Not sure about 5.11. If you have a
P indicator then you can do what you want todo.

Harley Meyer

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:24:32 -0500,
Lionel Issen wrote...
>I need some help.
>
>First question
>
>I followed Clive Roffey's suggestion and Equis' procedure to creat a
>comaparative relative strength template.  What I did however was to have 2
>windows, one with NASDAC and one with S&P 500.  I added a short moving
>average to smoothe out the curve.
>
>The problem is that while the comparative relative strength with NASDAC is
>always smoothe, the one with the S&P 500 sometimes showes a jump up or down
>at the most recent date. I've checked the data and it seems all right.
>
>Two stocks where this occurred, a jump up of the compative rel str curve are:
>Albermarle copr ALB, and Borg Warner Securities BOR.
>
>Second Question
>
>In an exploration I'd like to use the roc of the moving average of the
>comparative relative strength curve, but because of the way that it is
>created, I cant seem to get Metastock V 5.11 to do this.  I could do this
>making files of composite securities, but I'm getting short of space on my
>hard drive.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>thanks
>
>Lionel