Relative Stength

Ian Woodward has something very similiar he places on a spreedsheet. He takes
his information from IBD.

I would be interested in how I could set my metastock up to be doing the same
thing that you are doing. If you feel like sharing everything.
I only deal with equities at this point in time.

Harley

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997 08:27:47 +0200,
roffey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote...
>Relative Strength is one of the most important elements of equity
>investment.
>
>Go to <equis.com> and scroll to the very bottom of the small window on
>the extreme left.
>Click the green tab labeled 'Formulas'. Look for 'Comparative Relative
>Strength' and you will find all the data you need to construct relative
>strength charts for single stocks and composites plus how to perform an
>Exploration on them.
>
>There is a second method of constructing relative strength which I have
>developed using a comparative tabular format. This is based on the
>brilliant work of James Dines in his 600 page treatise on technical
>analysis in 1972. He formatted a momentum table for all sectors and
>watched the relative movement of the sectors up and down the table in
>relation to their momentum value.
>
>It sounds complicated but isn't. Try it. Calculate the momentum for
>several sectors, stocks, metal prices or whatever. Sort them in value
>highest to lowest and watch their week by week relative movement up and
>down the table.
>
>I have adapted this to trading futures on a daily basis by a table of
>the various futures markets from Palladium thro DJ indexes to world
>markets. This shows me where I should be operating. It signals a switch
>from equities into currencies or precioues metals or into base metals or
>bonds or softs. Ensure that you always use a constant $ database or the
>currency factors will distort the results.
>
>Relative strength is certainly one of the most important elements of
>techanalysis.
>
>Regards to all.
>
>Dr. Clive Roffey

Harley Meyer