Re: Arne Gronfeldt Indicator

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
<HTML><META content='"Trident 4.71.0544.0"' name=GENERATOR>

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT face="Century Schoolbook" size=2><FONT size=2>I must have been watching
too much HBO. I get it. Canned indicators. Agree, the canned indicators may work
with futures and slow moving stocks but they sure aren't going to tap the big %
movers, we have been seeing. It also makes a case for asymmetrical indicators
</FONT></FONT>

<P><FONT face="Century Schoolbook" size=2><FONT size=2>Richard Estes</FONT>

<P></P>
 ----<BR>
<B>From: </B>Harley Meyer &lt;Harley.D.Meyer-2@xxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>
<B>To: </B>schilds@xxxxxxxxxx<BR>
<B>Cc: </B>metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Tuesday, June 10, 1997 10:52 PM<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>Unidentified subject!<BR>
<BR>
<HTML><BODY><FONT size=2>Here are a couple of things to think about. Be they
right or wrong I am not<BR>
sure. But they are things that I had explored when I was first getting
started.<BR>
First of all if your indicator works well for you to go long why can't you
just<BR>
turn everything upside down by using the negative function and then plot
your<BR>
data upside down and then use the same indicators that got you in to get you<BR>
out.<BR>
Here tops become bottoms.<BR>
What I am trying to say most of all is that you are thinking of ways that
work<BR>
for you and don't come in a can. And that along the way entry may be easy
but<BR>
exit is difficult. The above solustion may be a logical step to completing
some<BR>
ideas. But it isn't a final solution to the problem you choose to solve.<BR>
<BR>
Harley Meyer<BR>
<BR>
On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:36:26 -0500 (CDT),<BR>
S Childs wrote...<BR>
&gt;I was experimenting with shifted MA's awhile back and found through<BR>
&gt;optimization one the seemed pretty good on the Yen. (I was using the<BR>
&gt;spot at the time) anyway the system gave a long signal six days late(the<BR>
&gt;forward shift was six) and I established a long in the Yen May 6th. Now<BR>
&gt;on to the next part. Has anyone experimented with Rsquared and Linear<BR>
&gt;Regression Slope to establish an exit point either in combination with
MA's<BR>
&gt;or not?&nbsp; I plan to try an optimization routine but I know many in this
forum<BR>
&gt;are way ahead of me here and can add some very useful input. Thanks!<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;Stan Childs<BR>
&gt;Tradewinds North, Inc<BR>
&gt;Stanley W. Childs-CEO<BR>