Real life trading and ASND

I was experimenting with shifted MA's awhile back and found through
optimization one the seemed pretty good on the Yen. (I was using the
spot at the time) anyway the system gave a long signal six days late(the
forward shift was six) and I established a long in the Yen May 6th. Now
on to the next part. Has anyone experimented with Rsquared and Linear
Regression Slope to establish an exit point either in combination with MA's
or not?  I plan to try an optimization routine but I know many in this forum
are way ahead of me here and can add some very useful input. Thanks!

Stan Childs
Tradewinds North, Inc
Stanley W. Childs-CEO
HC 83 Box 466