Re: Arne Gronfeldt Indicator

G'day mate, sounds like you need a no. 8 wire fix (or maybe not).. is the
following what you want to do ?

What I do to update today's closing prices into an excel spreadsheet
(current portfolio etc) is to take the ASCI file (Metastock format) and
using the convert function in the Downloader set it to these settings:

Source
File type : ASCI Text
Folder : wherever file below is held
File name :eg NZ970610.TXT or whatever (being end of day data in text file)

Destination
File Type : Excel
Folder : wherever you want all your excel files to be
File name : don't put anything in here EXCEPT the first time you create
your excel files and put in all the ones that are in your portfolio (I have
about 40 or so, take no responsibility for putting in more than that!) use
the BROWSE function to select them all individually (hold down the CTRL key
while selecting them)

Under Options

SOURCE
First date : today
Last date : today
Message Limits : crank both up to 2000 or so

DESTINATION
Replace existing files
DON'T create new files EXCEPT the first time you do this and then all the
shares you included under destination file names above will be created as
individual excel files.

Fields to output : whichever you want included in your individual excel
files

Convert the above lot

Having done all this you should have created in your specified directory a
bunch of individual excel files that contain just today's data and will be
called BHPD.XLS, NABD.XLS etc. Also hopefully the closing price for the day
will be in the same place (cell) in each spreadsheet.

Now you can use the OLE function to link that cell with the close in each
individual spreadsheet to your Portfolio spreadsheet. When you open the
portfolio spreadsheet all the individual closes will be updated and can be
used to calculate capital gains etc

Good luck !

(this may be a cumbersome way of doing it, there may be an easier way that
I haven't thought of in which case let me know!)

While I'm rabbiting on..... maybe some of you high rolling US traders could
add some liquidity to our NZ market by throwing some petty cash down this
way, a company called DFMainland (www.dfmainland.co.nz) put out a program
that allows free real time access to the NZSE (bid,offer vol etc), orders
still have to be placed with a broker and naturally they would expect you
to use their broking services (1% entry/exit) by the email function in the
program. I'm a newbie to trading but its sure nice to be able to call up
the market any time during the day to see what's going on.

Jonathan Ritchie