COMS & CSCO

Carlin Guidry wrote:

> I appreciate the helpful information on your discussion on E-Trade. Has
> anyone had any experience with Datek. Any advice will be appreciated.
> Carlin
I'm not familiar with Datek but regarding brokers I'd like to mention
Brown & Co who I have used for several years.  Their cost is $19 per
trade for up to 5,000 shares.  I use my computer on an 800 line to
make my trades. Much faster for me that charging up the inet.  I receive
a fax back when the trade is executed.  All is handled electronically.
Often on a market order the fax comes in about a minute after I hang
up the phone.  Don't have any trouble connecting with them.  Books
are accurate.  I usually trade 1000-5000 shares and a savings of
$5 or so doesn't interest me when I might have trouble connecting
and placing an order.  They do have some requirements to open an
account (like a minimum of $15,000) but I'm very fussy about brokers
having had many in the past and am well satisfied with them.

--
Bob Doeden
Chicago

Remove SPAM from email address when replying.