Re: Indices

Stan, the look-forward nature of the shift means this type of system can
backtest amazingly well.  The problem is you'll never know if you get a
"current" buy or sell until the days of the shift have passed.

However, suppose you use a one day forward shift to the MA.  By using
hypothetical outcomes for the next trading day, you could make a
decision about whether to make a trade based on intraday activity.

Has anyone used such look-forward possibilities, anticipating a
Metastock EOD trade signal, should the close hit an expected target?

Derek