Re: Indices

Guy,
     Most of my trading is done in an IRA where I can only write covered
calls.  In my regular account, I've mostly simplified to buying and selling
LEAP options.  In the past, I have used credit spreads on both sides of the
channel (Calls above, puts below) for OEX options, but never naked puts
because of the high margin requirements.  Credit spreads (selling the call/put
just outside the channel, buying the call/put that is five points more out of
the money) minimizes risk and reduces margin requirements versus naked
options.  However, I've found, that for me at least, keeping it simple by just
buying and selling LEAPs is more enjoyable and profitable.

Jim