-----Original Message-----
From:	Maureen [SMTP:godirect@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Tuesday, May 06, 1997 8:19 AM
To:	Guy Gordon; MetaStock-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:	Re: Channel Trading

Your timing is convenient since I have been testing
a regression channel system in StockWiz (free at
http://www.stockwiz.com/   )

And was reading some interesting ideas on trend
and channels this week-end. I was reading Tushar
Chande's book "The new technical trader". He
discusses (starting on page 19) a "r-squared"
indicator to determine trendiness of a stock
a linear regression to determine slope for
a good trade.. "r-squared" is the coefficient of
determination.

I recommend you read that book. I'm wondering
about programming that "r-squared" indicator
into Metastock or StockWiz for backtesting.

Perhaps it would be easier to use the Correlation which
exists in Metastock (though this seems
awkward)?

-M