SCH

Now I would use the results of FFT in just the oposite way.
If a stock shows a pronounced cycle (say 15 days), I would use a
Moving Average of TWICE that (30 days) in order to damp out the cycle
and see what else is in there.

ANY moving average of less than 1/2 the FFT cycle will show that cycle
clearly.  It need not be exactly (or even close to) 1/2 cycle.