Re: Commodity portfolio management software needed...

hi group,

I am trying to come up with a explorations that finds a security lagging
behind its (on balance volume).  I am using daily data.

  This would indicate that more buying volume is coming in to the
security then selling volumes and that the security should eventually
break to the upside.

This is what I have come up with so far:  any comments/ suggestions?

cola: obv()
colb: ref(hhv(obv(),25),-1)
colc: c
cold:( ref(hhv(c,65,-1))*(.75)

when(cola,>,colb)and when(colc,<,cold)and when(c,>mov(c,50,e))

Its not turning up all lot of prospects, as a matter of fact I believe
compact (cpq) is the kind of security/obv relationship I am looking for
but my exploration does not tag it as a candidate.

The exploration is looking for a OBV reading today that is greater than
any obv in the last 25 days.

The close today is less than the highest close in the last 65 days times
75%.  So the close today is less than 75% of the greatest high in the
last 65 days.  Why?  If I ran the exploration to find a close today
lower than the lowest close in the last 65 days I was coming up with
downtrending stocks that seemed to be real dogs.

Why 25 days on the obv and 65 on the security?  I am trying to emulate a
recent  pattern in compact computers.

I also added in that the close today should be above its 50 day moving
average.  hopefully this finds candidates that are in an uptrend rather
than a downtrend.

I have yet to system test it on any securities, hopefully some time this
week.

As a side, looks like 1200 is key support on the NASD, if it breaks it
could get ugly! (my opinion any way.)

JB