Re: QStick

John,
     The conventional wisdom is that you want undiscovered stocks with low
institutional ownership so you can benefit from the high volume and run up
when the institutions do find your jewel.  That definitely works if the
institutions find the stock.  On the other hand, you may have to wait for
months or forever for the institutions to find your jewel.  The other problem
is the risk associated with high institutional ownership.  If they own most of
the stock and a problem develops, the sudden drop is a killer when everyone
tries to get out the door at once.  That definitely is a risk to consider and
a valid reason for not buying a high institutional owned story stock without
solid earnings.
     On the other hand, lets look at institutional favorites with solid
fundamentals that have just had a 30 top 50% correction.  It's the old
difference between the conventional buy low and sell high theory and the
CANSLIM buy high and sell higher theory.  First, I don't have to wait for the
institutions to discover the stocks.  They already own them, so the
institutional interest is already there.  Granted the risk is high if the
fundamentals falter, but the risk has to be less than it was before the
correction.  If the institutions have held on through a significant
correction, they will continue to hold unless the fundamentals change.  Second
I've mitigated the risk with a close stop under the up trend channel.  That
won't protect me from large gaps down, but that's a risk I'm willing to take
for the potential rewards.  The big advantage is that the already high
institutional ownership has drastically reduced the float.  If the stock
starts back up and the institutions decide they want more, the small float can
result in large gains.  If we have high insider ownership at the same time,
that not only further reduces the float, but gives management an incentive to
make sure the stock does well.  In summary, high risk yes, but high reward as
well.
     Does that make sense to you?  No guarantee that I'm right, that's just my
contrarian thinking <G>.
Jim