From: Richard Estes <dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: etlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Variable Index Dynamic Average (VIDYA)
Date: Monday, April 28, 1997 11:26 AM

That is what the variable MA is suppose to be. Won't get into a long story.
IMO: It is only useable using periods from 3-16. Suggest you work with it,
I suggest 8-13 for most usage. I considered the old pre 6.0 varMA to be the
best for nearly all usage. I hope we will see it in future upgrades.
Richard Estes