Re: [amibroker] S&P Website (.xls constituants list)

I have a free open-source add-in that can grab the information off the
web pages for you, using formulas in EXCEL.  The add-in, documentation
on its functions, and sample templates can be found in the files area
of this Yahoo group:

For example, the following function grabs one table cell off the S&P web page:

=RCHGetTableCell("http://www2.standardandpoors.com/portal/site/sp/en/au/page.topic/indices_asx200/2,3,2,8,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,0,"&$A3&",0,0,0.html",C$1,";>Sector",,,,$B3)

...where:

-- Cell A3 contains the page number (varies from 1 to 5 for the ASX S&P 200)
-- Cell C1 contains the column number of the table to extract
(1=ticker symbol, 2=Company name, ..., 6=Price)
-- Cell B3 contains the row number of the table to extract the data
from (varies from 1 to 50 on the first 4 pages of the ASX S&P 200, but
the 5th page only has data on the first row)

I was able to construct a table within EXCEL to grab the data using
the formula above.