[amibroker] Re: AIQ Data files

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tipequity" <l3456@xxx> wrote:

> Does anybody use AIQ's data files with Amibroker? If so how?

Hi -
I've been an AIQ user for about 2.5 years.... up until yesterday.  I
have set up a network in my father's house so I can be closer to
him.  I used to trade exclusively at my home.   When I moved over
there, I re-evaluated options that are out there that offer more
power as regards trading real-time.  Now, when I started with AIQ,
there were far fewer choices to choose from and I selected AIQ,
despite the inadequacy of its scripting language.  Today (actually
yesterday), I decided to move off of AIQ entirely.  I subscribed to
DTN IQFeed to provide real-time data.  I simply jettisoned AIQ
entirely.  Their data is not compatible, or so it appears, with
amiBroker, and I simply decided to move despite that.  My basic
understanding is that I simply have to bite the bullet and move to a
different real time data source.  Until proven inadequate (which I
hope does not happen) I'm going to be using DTN and not worrying
about the past with AIQ.  The tradeoff is that, with amiBroker, I get
a 100 times more powerful programming environment than that available
in AIQ, which makes the unusability (or the apparent unusability) of
AIQ data an acceptable loss.

Anyway, that's my understanding.  In general, my understanding is
that AIQ data is unusable and that you need to select data from
some "approved" source.  I chose DTN.

Hope my thoughts help.

Imperial Whazoo