Re: [amibroker] Questions from a new amibroker user

Dear Backlash:  - Welcome to the forum.
In answer to and IMHO
1) I use Quotes Plus for EOD data and Interactive Broker for realtime data.
QP has not "jerked" me around very much in 4 years, only once where they changed
the industry group organization a few weeks back;  where I see Yahoo data questions on this forum quite frequently.
It looks like some of the changes implemented by Yahoo are easy to adjust to or adapt. But if you're
serious  I'd say $30-40 a month is inexpensive for QP software and data.  The other popular source
with our local group is TeleChart 2005.
2) Masterdata looks to me to be the best source for ETF names, component of ETF and breadth metrics.
3) I don't know. You'll probably have to show more code than the 1 line statement.

I beg an apology to those who live with Yahoo data and are quite serious since I happen to know one person in our Texas groups who does.

Hope this helps
Joe L.