RE: [RT] cycles

He is recovering in hospital

Ben

From: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of J Curry
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:41 AM
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RT] cycles

Hello Jim!
I would cycle analysis is more of an art than a science; I think
even those who follow them would often wonder if they are there - at
least at times. However, I might agree with you on the 'static'
comment, as the cycles that I track always have an average variance
of plus or minus 20% in either direction.

A similar notion could be applied to Elliott-wave; it is more of an
art than a science - but there are some who are very adept with it.
As far as statistical validity, I would doubt you would find any hard
evidence of that in any trading method (other than something slightly
above-average). if there were something that worked 100% of the time,
then please let us all know as we would like to use it :-)

as for methodology, I am going to reference Hurst's 'Profit Magic',
along with Raymond Merriman's book 'Cycles and Patterns in the market'.
these two are a good starting point for those interested in cycles. take
what you find useful, discard the rest - and then add that to what you
come up with yourself. it is certainly an evolutionary process.

where is Clyde Lee when you need him? :-)

thanks for the message
Jim