RE: [RT] this coming week

** The only thing that says the rally shouldn't come is hedge fund redemptions. **

How about the endless GM debate?  Last time Congress debated the future of Paulson’s plan, how many points were lost?

How about the grand consensus of Ewers is that the market is, at a minimum, in the throes of a minor wave 5 of an intermediate wave 3 of primary wave a of cycle wave c of a cycle level bear market?  Oops, racket that all up one level if this is a super cycle bear.  Oops, racket it up one more degree if this is the grand super cycle level.

How about cyclists and Golden Section Phi date watchers finding cycle bottoms and phi mate dates on Nov 19/20?

How about the latent effects of tax selling season (Nov to second week in December) to the 2nd power due to the fear of a doubling of the cap gains rate?

Other than max pain, I can’t find anything to support a rally for Monday.  Maybe some indicators are oversold, but they’re supposed to be oversold after months of bear and in anticipation of the completion of wave 5 and entrance into a major bear rally.

I’m apprehensive about Max Pain, but the statistics hardly bear out more than a modest recurrent bias.  I suspect the major players are able to influence the markets but I also suspect they do it when there’s opportunity, not at will.  For example, take the last 3 historic monster bear market (Sept 19, Oct 13, Nov 4, and last week)  rallies we’ve had.  Except for Nov 4 which was a multi day rally, they occurred Thursday or Friday.  Why, the avalanche of buying on Thurs or Fri?  The great supply of institutional selling and fund redemption selling typically mounts up over weekends and is exhausted by Thursday.  Hence, the lowest volume days provide the best opportunity for a small group to move the market.

If this is the greatest bear market in history (Greenspan said this is a ‘100 year event’ and 1929 was within the hundred years), it deserves the greatest one-day collapse in history.  Friday capped a major failure of the bulls, one which I suspect anyone long this weekend fears the Monday open.  I would.  Maybe that greatest collapse begins Monday.  My thoughts are hard down into Wednesday…..possibly harder than anyone can possibly imagine.  That decline completes wave 5 at a high degree of trend leading to a multi week bear market rally.  Thereafter, the bear resumes in the great and fabled c of C.

Good luck,  Jim