From: Jeff
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 9:35 PM
Subject: RE: [RT] Time to end hedge funds?

The moment the US Government decided to the intervention of financial markets in various forms, including the ban of short selling; this is the moment they close out the door for good for capitalism in the US; and the once so dearly trusted financial market mechanism in the US will be forever tarnished as a free financial market;  I thought these kind of actions being taken by the US government could only be happened in countries like the Philippines and the Philippines Stock Exchange.  No one with right mind will touch the PSE with a ten foot pole as market manipulations and insiders trading are well known over there.  As a non-US citizen, I would like to see these crooked ?self important? wealth managers and CEOs put behind bars. And most importantly, the trust between the investors and these so called ?professional investment experts?; between the market participants and the US financial markets took a heavy blow from this mess and it will take years before confidence and trust can be restored.  For years, I have been telling people over here the so called structured products are another word for ?garbage?; and for years, these people continued to get conned into buying these ?products? by unethical and totally unprofessional bankers.  And now, over here, they want the government to pay them back in full of their total losses in mini bonds issued by Lehman Brothers.  Who?s to blame?, not the government over here, not the ordinary people on the streets, but definitely the whole crooked culture of investment banking must take full responsibility for it.  And I?m glad to see the world of investment banking is a goner for good.