From: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Fulks
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 6:20 PM
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RT] Time to end hedge funds?

At 04:57 PM 10/7/2008, Robert Arbuckle wrote:

I believe in an open and freely operating market but no one envisioned a whole lot of wealthy people pooling their money together to push the markets where they wanted them to go to the benefit of those limited investors.  Not only doing that but doing nearly everything with no public over-sight or reporting.

Last time I checked (about a year ago), hedge funds were a mere $2 trillion vs. about $60 trillion in all investments so it is hard to believe that they are causing this damage.

I suspect that the real culprit will turn out to be the public yanking their money out of the market and money market funds and I don't blame them... Who wants to go down with the ship...

Bob Fulks