RE: [RT] next day trade

I think you’re being a bit harsh on yourself. These were exceptional circumstances. I very rarely take a day trade signal only a few minutes before the release of a major report. Yes, yes, yes, I know what they say, the technicals already take into account those pending events but, remember, we’re dealing here with Congress, and if they don’t have a clue as to what they’ll be doing, how on earth will our analysis.

Andrew

From: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim White
Sent: October 4, 2008 10:32 AM
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RT] next day trade

This trade would obviously have resulted in a loss if held from the open to the close. I also tracked 10 individual stocks that met the condition and experienced similar results - a loss at the close. So there appears no value here for buy and hold traders however for day traders it may be a different story. All stock indexes and 7 of 10 stocks exhibited upward movement from the open with opportunity to capture day trade profits. The value may be in indicating the initial direction from the open, a valuable indicator for day traders.

I personally believe that day trading is the only sensible way to trade in these uncertain times. I continue to research and develop trading techniques for the short term. The latest with great promise is a Trade Permission indicator which provides a trend comparison for two time frames in one indicator, giving advance warning of direction reversals. The theory is that the rate of change of two different trend indicators can forewarn of price reversals. It  has been extremely reliable in the FOREX markets. More latter.

Jim