[RT] Money markets get a lifeline

"The Treasury Department and Federal Reserve took steps Friday to help
stabilize the U.S.  money market fund industry ....  The Treasury said
it would guarantee up to $50 billion dollars for the next year for
both retail and institutional investors."

The full story is at http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/19/markets/money_markets/index.htm

Am I the only one here, or this a new low in moral hazard?  I'm gonna
set up a new government-guaranteed money market fund that will buy up
all the asset-backed crap circling the drain out there.  My new
government partner and I are guaranteeing a 12% yield.  Who's with me?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)