Re: [RT] near a bottom/SOLF

I have five web sites reporting the figures in U.S. dollars but I
read the news release and it seems that it's entirely possible that
those web sites are all wrong and so am I .. we are only as accurate
as the information available to us and if this is true, I may well
settle for my 300% gain and call it a day in SOLF.

Still, it's interesting that the mean analyst projection for share
price is $59 .. Oh well, that's what stops are for .. Thank you for
the information Michael .. If I misled anyone it was not intentional
and I really felt I had done my homework.  Anyone who followed me in
is up 2-3 X so it all worked out regardless of what happens next.

Bob

At 07:01 PM 12/29/2007, you wrote:
>Bob,
>with all due respect I disagree about SOLF data.
>
>It looks like datavendors are  messing  RMB  with USD, so let's go
>to the original:
>http://investors.solarfun.com.cn/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=279084
>
>which says:
>"-- Earnings per basic ADS were RMB 1.24 (US$ 0.17), in the third
>quarter of 2007, a 22% gain from the same quarter a year ago and
>190% above 2Q 2007. "
>
>So if EPS estimate is in USD, then 1.23 is a sound number. The
>question is -  EPS estimate on Yahoo page is in RMB or in USD ?
>
>I had the same problems with Zacks data during trial.
>
>Sincerely,
>Michael
>

>Re: [RT] near a bottom/SOLF
>
>I'm afraid this topic could go on and on since everyone has the
>services for information that they have grown to trust.  Let me
>simply say that if Reuters says 1.23 for 2008, they expect them to
>have a huge fall off in sales since they just earned 1.24 in the
>last *quarter*, beating estimates by 257%.  I get Reuters news and
>there are errors in it daily so we must trust who we do.  I thank
>you for your thoughts on the matter .. one can not have too much
>information in our business
>
>Bob
>
>At 05:33 AM 12/28/2007, you wrote:
>
>Hi !
>
>IMHO best source is Reuters,  which gives 1.23 EPS for 2008.
>http://stocks.us.reuters.com/stocks/estimates.asp?symbol=SOLF.O
>
>Data on Zacks is of low quality, esp. for foreign stocks, I had some
>e-mail discussion with their stuff when using their trial.
>Yahoo Finance in several last months  also has problems with correct
>data.
>
>Sincerely,
>Michael.
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links