Re: [RT] Mobile technology the silent killer

At 11:37 PM 11/25/2007, you wrote:
be carefull using cell  phone

I owned a two-way radio business for nearly 25 years and have a few references to consider.  Police radios typically produce more than 100 watts of power.  Same for fire departments and many construction type firms.  The power going out into the air is at the antenna of course.  Hand held radios usually make about 4-5 watts of power and are obviously held right up against the head.  There has never been any claim or accusation or tie between two way radios and cancer.

A cell phone is nothing more or less than a hand held two way radio and it makes 6/10ths of 1 watt of power.  There can be no doubt that far more cell phones are used than regular two-way radios but as a person involved in that industry for many years, I believe that there is no tie between cell phone use and brain cancer.  Cell phone use is so prevalent that most people having a brain cancer would be cell phone users so it is most difficult to blame the phones without a large test group of people who never use cell phones to compare statistics.  In fact, there is a new process being developed right now that will use radio waves to destroy cancer cells.

Bottom line is that for me, I will need to see some convincing stats from control groups before I believe that RF can cause cancer in any dosage, let alone in the minute amounts cell phones transmit.

Good trading this week