Re: [RT] stock fundamentals queston

I only pay attention to the technical issues in regard to wanting to know what the many who do follow these methods of trading might be about to do.

Some fundamental things I pay attention to are:  News driven movement in an equity or the peers of an equity.  Volume spikes.  Under valued equities as compared to their peers on either a share price or PE ratio.  Growth rate for recent periods and expected rates based on common sense.  Sector popularity with the investing public.  Common sense .. read the news .. read the latest consumer interests .. read the political prognosis ..

It's harder to trade with fundamentals because there are no black and whites.  No numbers to put buys on.  No stats to tell you what to do.  Fundamentals are simply a combination of many aspects of information merged together and salted with common sense, stirred with experience and served with conviction.  Set goals, set stops.  Try to do better than the averages.  If the S&P losses 2% and you lose .5%, you have a good portfolio.  If you are willing to short, the same rules apply but some of the obvious are reversed.  Don't fight the tape .. but don't fear taking the other side .. buy when everyone hates it, sell it back to them when they love it.  Be patient but be true to your stops.  Eventually, you may become somewhat intuitive about the movements.  Or, you may not.

Good luck,

Bob