Re: [RT] Re: sub-prime issue

At 12:06 PM 11/10/2007, you wrote:
And I always thought that a degree just gave you a license to look.  The mistakes came after the fact.   The only way to not make a mistake is to do nothing and that is the biggest mistake of all.

Ira

A degree infers that you have learned something.  That you have been prepared in your chosen field.  Doing nothing is very often the exact intelligent choice.  (Especially while you are looking).  Otherwise, one is doing something just to be doing it rather than doing it through conviction and common sense.   It would be a mistake for me to ignore the wisdom you have gained over your years.  It would be your mistake to ignore the same thing from me.  So, we look and we learn and *then* we do something.  And while we do that looking, we do nothing because we are unprepared to do anything.  The last two sentences should be on every degree awarded.

Bob