Re: [RT] What's next

Thanks Bob for an excellent assessment of the current fundamental environment. Your assessment of continued market strength would appear to depend on continued supplies of investment capital. Do you have any information to indicate substantial supplies of capital still on the sidelines and able to drive the market higher?

Jim
----- Original Message -----
From: BobsKC
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] What's next

"What's due to happen is what's been happening until it doesn't happen any more"  (Jimmy the Greek)

Fundamentally, where will money go?  Bonds?  I don't think so.  Bond rates are barely above, (if at all),  the inflation rate.  If one doesn't believe in U.S. companies and the U.S. economy, then there are plenty of ADR's out there on American exchanges.  Many American based companies are now world wide businesses no longer dependent only on the U.S. economy.  The Fed will not hurt the market much now regardless of if they do nothing or cut again since doing nothing proves the economy is ok and cutting provides short term relief.

Technically, we are no doubt over-bought but that can be corrected in less than a week and then, it's back to "where do I put my investment money?"  The commodity story is solid, world wide.  Tech is now realizing the dreams that drove the NAS into the bubble of 1999.  Financials are under-valued due to sub-prime fears and are poised to come out of those fears.  Housing recovery is ahead but far enough ahead to be a future driver of the markets.  Retailers are in some trouble, (especially the low and lower middle end) and I expect the high end to begin to hurt as the wealthy look toward an end to the Bush tax decreases and a Democratic government that will add even more taxes to placate their voting base.  Still, over-all .. the market appears compelling to me and while I will short it from time to time, I will consider any serious pull back to be a buying opportunity.  (At least for now).  The day may well come that our children and our younger members here will have to pay the checks we are writing today but not now.  For now, I am still holding a lot of cash and making great returns playing small cap, under-valued, China stocks.  (The best of which is SDTH)

Good luck to all of you

Bob