From: EAdamy
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:40 AM
Subject: RE: [RT] fx trading

Since you already have IB, use it.

IB Ideal is for currency exchange and IB IdealPro is for currency trading.

Just add the one you want to your TWS page and select the combo you want. I use Toronto exchange for Canadian stocks (better prices than using pinks) and routinely use Ideal to exchange currency to/from C$. With IB you can be long/short any mix of currencies and or currency futures and or currency options ... very powerful.

I use the futures for trading so don't know much about the details of forex brokerage. I do know that the Ideal spreads are wider ... around 5 pip on C$ however I always split the b/a and seem to get it. IB Ideal Pro is for pure forex trading and indicated to have spreads of 0.5 to 3 pip.

Earl