Re: [RT] Monday 3/12 - A Down Day

The attached picture is your formula for one stock, AA, in this case.

In the top subgraph, your formula value is red referencing the left scale and the price is green referencing the right scale.

In the bottom subgraph, I divided your formula by the price to normalize it.

TradeStation can easily sum these values across up to 50 stocks on one chart.

Bob Fulks

At 04:20 PM 3/13/2007, Pete Lieber wrote:

>For years and years now (ever since I bought an original IBM PC) I been trying to use volume to track the market.  For most of those years I have been using the formula of Prev + ((V / average(V, 30) * (( C - C[1])/(H - L))) for each of the Dow 30 component stocks and then adding all 30 results together.  Trouble is volume analysis for big cap stock does not work as well as for mid-cap (i.e., less widely held companies).  I've assumed this is because much of the volume in these biggest of big cap stocks is generated by program trading and thus volume is not neccessarily a precurser/indicator to future price movements.  Lately to circumvent this problem, I've used surrogates for the Dow 30 - thus my "unique market volume" statement.

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: