RT] RE: DSL vs Cable for Trading

I use a premium cable service from Time Warner in Austin, Texas where
service has been very reliable with adequate customer support.  Upload
speeds (tested at www.speakeasy.net ) to Chicago, Dallas and NY average
7200 Down - 950 Up.  When I instituted service, I insisted that the
company test its drop lines from the pole all the way to my router to
check for signal "leaks"; as a  result, they replaced their old drop
with noticeable improvement.  I previously used a combo of DSL and
Cable with a HotBrick router that balanced the load between the two and
employed a instant fall over feature in case one line suffered an
outage.  Gave up this dual line arrangement because cable has proved so
unexpectedly reliable.  None the less, I check my speed regularly at
peak usage times.