From: mr.ira
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] post questions

Opinions, like indicators, the more you have the more difficult it is to make a decision.   If you are contemplating trading a new entity an opinion might be helpful, but someone second guessing you in a trade is really not the way to go.

I would be willing to wager if I put up an opinion  there would be just as many that agreed as there are those that disagreed.  The reason is that there is always an up move and a down move on any chart.  You give me the up move and I will give you the down move and vise versa.  So the contrarian would always cause the trader to question the trade.

No one that I know of is 100% correct and the one time someone follows your advice is usually the time you are wrong.

If someone has entered a trade and it is losing a trade and he followed all of his/her signals and wants an opinion on why it failed, there could be progress there.  At that time input would make one look at some other aspects of his trading system or psychological outlook.  I know someone that would paper trade 100% winners and every time he put money up he would lose.  So everything can be right but the trader.

Should I trade this commodity or stock is a valid question as to its liquidity and volatility.  Also to elicit any particular quirks that the item might have.  Or there might be an alternative that offers the same amount of profit with a reduced risk.  All legitimate questions that can be answered to the benefit of a trader.

Just one man's opinion.  Ira.