[RT] Emailing: e-bradley

Title: Bradley Siderograph
looks like the std  is working

Bradley Siderograph

The free Amanita newsletter informs you about updates in the free area (also regarding the Bradley siderograph),  please subscribe here.

The full information on the siderograph is only available in the protected area where a subscription is needed, here in the free area you only get the basic information (starting with the model 2005).

additional comments

Preliminary note: My timing method are solely the proprietary Amanita pivots where the Bradley is just one of about 2 dozen indicators taken into consideration. This describes the role of the Bradley in my work, it certainly is an important indicator, still just one of many. With the aid of the Amanita pivots you can usually predict market turns with an  accuracy of +/- 1 trading day (sometimes +/- 2). A Bradley date that is not an Amanita pivot is in most cases meaningless in my work, sometimes it indicates a re-test of the price extreme set with the Amanita pivot. The Amanita pivots are reserved for subscribers.

Introduction

The Bradley siderograph was developed in the 40ies by Donald Bradley to forecast the stock markets. Bradley assigned numerical values to certain planetary constellations for every day, and the sum is the siderograph. It was originally intended to predict the stock markets. The noted technical analyst William Eng singled out the Bradley as the only 'excellent' Timing Indicator in his book, "Technical Analysis of Stocks, Options, and Futures" (source: Astrikos).

It is crucial to understand what the siderograph is about since almost all traders (and even and even financial astrologers!) misunderstand it. Over the decades it has been observed that the siderograph can NOT (!!!) reliably predict the direction but only turning points in the financial markets (stocks, bonds, bonds, commodities) within a time window of +/- 4 calendar days (in a few cases up to +/- 7 days). Inversions (i.e. a high instead of a low and vice versa) are quite common. Also, it is not a timing tool for short-term trends but rather for intermediate-term to longer-term trends because the turning window is rather wide.

2006

Below please find the Bradley siderograph (original formula) for December 2005 - January 2007:

2006 we have 11 major turning dates in the standard model (window: +/- 4 days, sometimes +/- 7 days):

  1. 1/15/06
  2. 1/29/06
  3. 2/19/06
  4. 3/8/06
  5. April 3-11, 06
  6. 5/20/06 (important)
  7. 6/20/06
  8. 7/23/06
  9. 9/15/06
  10. 10/11/06
  11. 11/28/06 (important)

The other 3 siderograph models (reserved for Amanita subscribers) differ from the shown standard model considerably.

More Details

Perhaps you want to know now which one is the "correct" siderograph - the answer is easy: none. Since Bradley's time dozens of similar models with different parameters have been created, partly optimized with the aid of artificial intelligence and for specific markets (oil, currencies etc.). A date which occurs in several different models is probably important.

The older Bradley charts can be found here. How to receive the raw data: as a subscriber of Amanita Market Forecasting you get the raw data of all four Bradley models from 1990-2010 as a .txt-file (click here to subscribe).

Another possibility: you calculate the data yourself with the aid of a financial astrology software, please go to the software-page (I use the Market Trader von Alphee Lavoie).

By including declinations, Donald Bradley has (probably unwittingly) created the formula so that it mirrors the usual seasonal pattern ("sell in May and go") - but for this purpose you rather use the seasonal charts and not the siderograph.

In my opinion the only way to construct a successful astrological bullish/bearish model would be either to use the planetary longitudes and synodic cycles of the planets (as researched by Meridian and Matlock), or a transit concentration curve based on the 5-10 major natal charts (as suggested by Koen Van de Moortel). In any way, aspects and declinations, the components of the Bradley, are dynamic by nature and not a good input for a static up/down-model, at least on the mundane astrological level. Another possibility is to predict inversions but to my knowledge all attempts have failed so far.

[FAQ]

Amanita Market Forecasting http://www.amanita.at
(C) Copyright Manfred Zimmel 2006
e-mail: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx

address: Nusswaldgasse 9/2/11, A-1190 Vienna, Austria - European Union
phone: +43-1-9586766 - fax: +43-820-555857522 or +43-1-81749553351

site search:

The free Amanita newsletter informs you about updates in the free area. Available in English and German.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.