From: "Timothy Morge" <timothymorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <actionReactionLab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] My impression is that many had a bad day

> [...]
> drawing their own pitchforks, or learn how to use the inputs for the
> software and use it to select the dominant forks for the day.
>
> One last thing: It DID become a more important pitchfork once price tested
> it on the downside on October 18 and price reverses after touching its
> Lower Median Line Parallel. But the fork was there, chosen by the criteria
> given the software, well before then.
>
> Let me say one last thing on the subject: I am not anti-system trading in
> any way, shape or form. My partner was part of the original Unix
> development team in the 1970's [while I was at the University of Chicago]
> and we have many wonder trading systems. I also spend too much money to
> count daily, weekly, monthly and yearly doing in-depth statistical
analysis
> on my own use of pitchforks in the tens of thousands of trades I make. I
> have been keeping images and concise records of each of my trades since
> 1982, when I was a very large institutional trader and had the benefit of
> the funding at the time to be able to afford lots of computing power at a
> time when that was expensive. I have all those records and have had the
> luxury over the years of having all the trades put into useful databases
> that allow me to do research on each of the trade entries and exits I
> employ in my trading. So I have a great deal of hard core statistical
> analysis on a huge amount of actual trades made using pitchforks. I don't
> throw up hastily drawn lines after the fact and post them on a forum like
> this for my own pleasure of seeing if people go "ooh and ahhh." I am
> comfortable in how I trade and what I show people, because I do a great
> deal of scientific research on my methods.
>
> Is art involved? You bet. Clyde Lee and I periodically discuss this issue
> and it usually comes down to the point where we both agree that some
> portion is science and some is art. In general, I think it is 80 pct
> science and 20 percent art, but with the software I use and with Clyde's
> software, there is more science and less art--but the art isn't gone
entirely.

> My apologies for the long-winded answer. I wasn't insulting systems
> traders, because at times, I resemble one. But I felt the comments made
> seemed slanted a bit in my direction, and I would not have responded to a
> system trader that posted his or her charts by saying that my stuff is
> worked great and your stuff, like most other stuff being shown, looks good
> because it is hindsight. Sorry, saying that just isn't right. It isn't
> accurate and it isn't right.
>
> If I totally missed answering your question, Joe, my apologies. Please
> point me in the right direction with another question and I'll try to me
> more exact and more succinct.
>
> Tim
>

> At 07:37 AM 10/21/2005, you wrote:
> >Tim:
> >
> >Trading Systems only prove themselves going forward, and can only adjust
As
> >such this is an honest question not a sarcastic one....
> >
> >On your chart below did you draw the blue PF off the secondary high at
the
> >top because it "fit" the new landscape? If not, how did you figure to put
it
> >there beforehand?
> >
> >Thx

Median
> > > Line. I believe even you can see that it not only gave you the tops of
the
> > > day seven trading days in a row, but it gave you the high from
yesterday
> > > and the low of today. And the line was drawn and posted, day after day
> > > after day beginning in early October. It's been posted here several
times,
> > > the same line, and it's been posted on my public web site over and
over
> > > again, with updated price data only added. Not what I'd call hindsight
> > > advantage...
> > >
> > > I wouldn't stoop to pointing out that you showed us a string of
"trade"
> > > entry prices as evidence of your prowess, because I have no idea what
you
> > > do as a system trader or what your system is about or whether it works
or
> > > not, so I am in no position to judge it. And frankly, I don't throw
stones
> > > at people. I post my thoughts and my work. Some people may get some
> > > benefits from it, some may not. But I'd prefer not to be slandered,
here
> >or
> > > anywhere else I share my work freely.
> > >
> > > Tim Morge

> >forecasts

> >don't,
Hurst
> >or

> >home
> >with
> >chnnl

Chnnl

<<http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>http:/
/music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

ealtraders>realtraders"

<<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo!
> > Terms of Service.

e+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Busines
s+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6&s=
176&.sig=LL3Drqqse92g-FEYLZlMtQ>Business
> >finance uk

nance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Bus
iness+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=
6&s=176&.sig=JGVhQs0H0OaLRc-wbi3vfA>Business
> >finance course

ness+finance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course
&w4=Business+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+sch
ools&c=6&s=176&.sig=h0fuT0O5af_iu299LUd3Kg>Business
> >finance online course

ance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Busi
ness+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6
&s=176&.sig=8XBttITYz1bvvqBDD69xPQ>Business
> >finance class

ance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Busi
ness+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6
&s=176&.sig=-ySI-cpWWXNLIA0eCYD5MQ>Small
> >business finance

inance+uk&w2=Business+finance+course&w3=Business+finance+online+course&w4=Bu
siness+finance+class&w5=Small+business+finance&w6=Business+finance+schools&c
=6&s=176&.sig=ruy9iopqFnRqB0F2uAkD9w>Business
> >finance schools

> >    *

> >    *
> >    *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/zMEolB/TM