RE: [RT] Re: Advertising

Bob,

Your no nonsense attitude has brought a sense of
discipline and order to the list and brought it back
from it's nadir, a fact I am sure everyone will agree
with.

Now if you and the other senior members can come to a
consensus on how to allow providing to the list
members, information regarding bonafide
products/services which can benefit the list
membership - in a transparent manner without high
pressure sales pitches, it will work out fine. There
are people of stature here alongwith whom you can draw
a policy and enforce it.

Regards

Rakesh

--- BobsKC <bobskc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------
I am in favor of invigorating the list as much as you
are John.  Iwill do anything the membership wants to
do  but it will take someconvincing to cause me to
believe that a majority of our members want tosee any
type of advertising on this list or that the list
would besomehow better with such content.  I do waive
this rule at the endof each year for the week between
Christmas and New Years so our memberswho wish to, can
state what they offer and how to access those
servicesor products but how a steady flow of such
information would improve thequality or animation of
the list escapes me.

This list doesn't belong to me or anyone.  It belongs
to all of youand if you want unrestricted advertising
on our list, let me know and ifI hear from 50.1% of
you that this is what you want, I'll drop
thatrestriction.

Bob