Re[4]: [RT] IB

It may depend on account type. I had individual account for several years and also had only few complains. With more sophisticated accounts having many users and subaccounts things got too complicated.
To most requests they initially send formal replies (copy&paste from their FAQs) and only after 2-3 additional requests start looking into problem. Just for example, their system recently automatically "frozen" trading in one of our subaccounts  having decided that we abused PDT rules. By the way, said subaccount has ~$100,000 in equity. It took 3 business days of intensive communications with IB -  they didn't want to understand plain facts. Only after we e-mailed their management and warned that we are going to file complain with SEC they  restored trading service. Nobody apologized.

Best regards,
 Alex                            mailto:alex_bell@xxxxxxx

Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 3:26:29 AM, you wrote:

E> I guess mileage varies from one user to another. I've been an
E> IB customer  for 5-6 years and have found that TWS, account
E> management, and support have  improved steadily. I've had occasion
E> to call support 3 times this year and  have gotten good help on 2
E> of the 3 calls and only fair help on the  3rd. Email support must
E> be staffed by barely competent people because I  rarely get a
E> response which bears on the question/inquiry. I've had lost symbol
E> pages a few times during the past couple of years, however they
E> have been  quickly restored from the TWS' own backups and I've had
E> none lost for  months.

E> I have had maybe 5 order misfires which were not my fault
E> during the  years I've done business with IB but lacked the audit
E> trail to document how  the problem occurred. More recently, they
E> have provided an audit trail under the  View menu which can help to
E> track transactions sequences. Only problem with this  is that it's
E> lost once the TWS is closed.

E> Earl

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DldnlA/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/zMEolB/TM