[RT] Oil, Iraq, Middle East, Oil

  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [RT] Oil, Iraq, Middle East, Oil
  • From: Dan C <dan.danc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:43:12 -0700

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GF29Ak01.html

Middle East
Jun 29, 2005

The Saudi oil bombshell
By Michael T Klare

For those oil enthusiasts who believe that
petroleum will remain abundant for decades to
come - among them President George W Bush and
Vice President Dick Cheney, and their many
friends in the oil industry - any talk of an
imminent "peak" in global oil production and an
ensuing decline can be easily countered with a....

AND

http://www.juancole.com/

Particularly interesting to me:  June 30, third
entry down:

Guest Opinion: Iraq Avalanche Unstoppable: Richards

"The Iraq Avalanche Cannot be Stopped"

by Alan Richards

University of California Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, CA
June 24, 2005

I have been reading the debate . . . on "What
forces? Staying the course?") with great
interest. There is a way, however, in which I am
troubled by what I perceive as a tacit assumption...

Dan