Re: [RT] Real Estate///Understanding the Status Factor-spell correction

Cludio:

In one word -- opportunities.  Big cities in California offer a vast diversity of industries...

Southern California also has about the nicest weather in the nation.  Yes, there are earthquakes here too.  But I would bet there will be far more Florida people moving into CA than the other way around after this month of Hurricanes.  Except maybe construction contractors.  There we go again, jobs.

A few years ago, I remember seeing a big sign along a dock visible across the River Thames in London, "Unemployment 10%".  Several years before that, it was "8.9%".  I wonder if the sign is still there?

And L.A. here has the biggest container / cargo yard in the country.  They just hired another 3000 dock workers last month.  I was told these guys make over $100K a year.  This is just an example.  So all these eventually work into the supply/demand equation.  (Now don't all of you rush into CA at once.  Our freeways are too congested, and our houses are too expensive already.)

Of course, there are other factors too, like lifestyle, etc.

Hope I had at least partially answered your question.

Sincerely,
BillW

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here