  >From:
  Mr. Kevin B.
  Bantz
  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 8:06
  PM
  Subject: Re: [RT] Oil
  On Aug 14, 2004, at 4:06 AM, Bob wrote:
  Was
    anyone else surprised at how the indexes held up this week in the face of
    Oil continuing its relentless rise and some not so inspiring
    earnings reports?  Maybe it's just a pause before the indexes head
    lower but I thought it was rather odd.
  Equities/WTIC oil spreads are approaching
  areas support (value). Here is a QQQ/WTIC chart:I suspect funds are
  unwinding these types of trades...

    also heard a trader on CNBC state that he believes oil is within a week or
    so of a top, and the reason he cited was the current relationship/spread
    between the front month and outlying months.  This is beyond my area of
    expertise so I was hoping some others would share their views.Backwardation
  is a market condition where spot prices exceed forward prices.
  Contango is the opposite condition, where forward prices exceed spot
  prices. The terms are used primarily in certain commodities and energies
  markets. In the oil market, the prevailing condition may reflect supply and
  demand. For example, if crude oil is contango, it may indicate a glut of
  immediately available supply. Backwardation might indicate an immediate
  shortage.More
  info:http://www.platts.com/Oil/Resources/Risk%20Management/crudeswaps.htmlhttp://www.mrci.com/f2578.asp
  A seasonal spread with a14-1 win ratio, I wouldn't touch it this year.Oil
  is in a parabolic rise and I would expect a full round trip, $28 oil and .80
  unleaded gas...Why? We'll discuss it then...Bantz, cratering
  to parabolic means...

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/realtraders/