[RT] CROSSPOST: [fibonaccitrader] Fib trading books

Group-

Here's my 2 cents on this complex subject.
First I have heard many positive comments about the book by Joe
DiNapoli;
"Trading with DiNapoli Levels".  Second, I
have since heard that there is a slightly better book by Derrik Hobbs
titled
"Fibonacci For The Active Trader".  Go to
google; do a search and you'll find a most interesting link about Mr. Hobbs
along
with some details about the book's contents.
This brings me/us to a greater and even more complicated question.

When I think about using Fibonacci numbers,
ratios, calculations, etc as a practical trading tool, it appears to be
an
overwhelming research task.  For example;
apart from several books on the subject; a discussion of this topic would
not
be complete without referencing <FONT
face=Arial size=2>the works of Robert Miner and his Dynamic Trader software; and
Tom Joseph and his
Advanced Get software.

Probably the most important questions to be
answered out there would be:

*  Has anyone done a comparative analysis of
the tools included in all the books and software programs?
*  Has anyone conducted rigourous backtesting
of the various techniques?
*  What are the results of this research
showing which techniques or calculations are statistically significant for
indicating
where prices are likely to find support or
resistance; for the purpose of entering or exiting a trade?

Of course it's easy to ask these
questions:  getting practical answers
and trying to sort through what appears to be a complicated maze of questions:
is not.   Part of the answer might be in discovering which combination
of calculation tools
point to the
same answer regards price and time.  In other words; if you have several
tools; as a composite; pointing to the same
Fibonacci level (in price or perhaps price and time) then the statistical
probabilities might indicate a high level of
confidence where a trade could be taken.

Thoughts, comments, or experiences are
welcome.  Thank you for your time and attention.

Chas
====
<BLOCKQUOTE

  I bought the Volume One is very good. Better than Larry

  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq

    like Larry Pesavenuto's Pattern Trading with Fibs. However do go to <A
    href="">www.harmonictrader.com first. You
    may find all you need in there..and free.
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Good Luck,