  >From:
  <A title=AJacobson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Jacobson, Alex
  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 9:45
  AM
  Subject: RE: [RT] PRIME BROKER AND
  FRAUD

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>First of Prime Brokerage by definition means custody is done somewhere
  else.  A true Prime Broker would not hold any positions and would be a
  direct access exchange member.  A Prime Broker also would not,
  regrettably, provide any client info as they custody nothing.  You would
  want to make certain the broker with custody is kosher.  The Prime could
  trade badly and lose money, but they custody nothing.  The custodial
  broker could have some responsibility in a theft or fraud.

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Charles Meyer
    [mailto:chaze@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 8:07
    AMTo: REAL TRADERSSubject: [RT] PRIME BROKER AND
    FRAUD
    Group-

    Can anyone shed light on this
    issue?  These questions come from
    an ananomous man who purportedly lost some money thru a <FONT
    face=Arial size=2>hedge fund fraud.  The problem is that I don't
    understand the nature of the questions and how they relate to the way the
    money was stolen?  Can anyone tell
    me how they stole his money and the Prime Broker
    link?  I can only get
    info
    in bits and pieces and my correspondent is
    often lazy with providing me information.

    Thanks for your time, attention, and any
    feedback.
    <FONT face=Arial
    size=2>
    chas
    ====

    Hedge Fund Prime Brokerage Due
    Diligence

    1)  Are you currently or have you ever
    been a Prime Broker for xxxxx?

    2)  Does your arrangement provide for
    exclusitivity in any way or is xxxxx free to pursue additional
    Prime Brokerage arrangements in addition to yours?
         Can you provide
    details in any way?
    <FONT face=Arial
    size=2>
    2)  If you are no longer a Prime for
    xxxxx, can you tell me the circumstances as to why this is no longer
    true?

    Under your Prime arrangement (current or past,
    please note) the following questions;

    3)  Are all assets, including cash, held
    in your custody?

    4)  Explain how fund assets may be moved
    and invested.

    5)  What are your policies and procedures
    to safeguard fund assets (3rd party signatures, multiple signatures,
    etc.)?

    6)  Does xxxxx have multiple accounts
    with you?  If so, how do you assure that all accounts are traded on an
    equal basis?

    7)  Do you perform any type of valuation
    services (such as calculation of NAV, account balances, etc.)?

    8)  In addition to the above, can you
    please describe any other duties and responsibilities that your arrangement
    with xxxxx entails?

    9)  Is there anything else that you can
    tell me that would help me better understand the relationship that you have
    with xxxxx and / or the Fund Manager?

    Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
      href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/realtraders/

      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
      href="">realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/realtraders/