Re: [RT] GEN: ANNUITY INTO IRA (ROTH)

<BLOCKQUOTE

  ----- Original Message -----
  <DIV
  >From:
  STEVE
  ROBERTS
  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 2:48
  PM
  Subject: Re: [RT] GEN: ANNUITY INTO IRA
  (ROTH)

  JohnO,You seem to know something about this. Great! Ihave
  a couple annuities that I have very fewoptions with in a bear market. I
  would like tomove them into my IRAs.I've had them both for 7 or 8
  years. Will there beany form of penalties? Ans: No. You are
  not liquidating the annuity, just transferring it, if this is what you intend
  to do. If you intend to liquidate the annuity, and transfer the funds to your
  IRA, there might be a penalty in the form of Surrender Charges. This depends
  on the Annuity Agreement and it's stated Surrender Charges
  Schedule. But remember, your IRA annual contributions are limited to
  $3,000 ($6,000 if spousal), and unless the annuities are Qualified Plans,your
  contributions must fall within the IRS
  guidelines.

  Is the 1035 exchange an IRS form? Ans: Yes, and these
  forms can be obtained from the IRS.Can I have my IRA
  broker make the transfer fromthe other two?
  Ans: You will need to contact the
  Annuity sponsor (the company that you purchased the annuity from) and
  request the appropriate transfer documents. Your safest method would be to
  effectuate the 1035 Exchange between the custodians. But, only if
  the annuities are in a Qualified Plan. What
  are the snags or downsides that I might notbe aware of? Hidden costs?
  Ans: Don't know. Depends on many factors but any transfer or
  rollover should not be expensive.THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE
  LEGAL ADVICE OR INVESTMENT ADVICE. THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION. PLEASE
  CONSULT AN ATTORNEY THAT SPECIALIZES IN THESE SUBJECTS OR A QUALIFIED
  FINANCIAL ADVISOR/PLANNER.

  Thanks!!!SteveOn Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:06:23
  -0500,jdfo@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:Yes, you can do this, but it must be
  done within a 60 day window.  You should have done as
  previouslysuggested, a 1035 exchange.JohnO  -----
  Original Message -----   From:   Randy   To:
  Charles Meyer   Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 9:59
  AM  Subject: Re: [RT] GEN: ANNUITY INTO IRA
  (ROTH)  Hello Charles,Friday, December 5, 2003, 3:56:28PM,
    you wrote:CM> Group-CM> Does anyone know if itis
    possible to roll a variable annuity over (aftermoney is taken
  out and taxes   paid) into an IRA; which would probably be aRoth
  IRA?CM> Thanks   for any feedback.CM> ChasCheck into
  thepossibility of   doing a 1035 exchange.-- Best
  regards,Randy
    mailto:rr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   unsubscribe from this group,
    use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!Terms of Service.
  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
  ADVERTISEMENT To unsubscribe from this
  group, send an email
  to:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use
  of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!Terms of
  It's for people. And it's just smart. <A
  href="">http://www.peoplepc.com To
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor