  >From:
  EarlA
  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 10:02
  PM
  Subject: Re: Re[2]: [RT] The Market
  environment

  I look for a confluence in my work across a variety of indicators. Recent
  action in the COT has shown a commercial reluctance to build heavy short
  positions on each of the previous rallies. I was expecting a substantial
  increase in commercial shorts would accompany this last high, but commercial
  positions are unchanged.

  SPX has run to within 4 handles of a long standing price objective at
  1078 yet it still seems reluctant to sell off hard. I also have a big
  confluence of targets at 1086-89. As shown in the chart I posted last week,
  since June the SPX has repeatedly declined sharply and then retraced 127% of
  the decline. I'm getting a sense we may get another repeat ... perhaps a
  double bottom in the 1031 area which would target 1086 on a 127% retracement.
  Or price could simply bounce off the 50 dma and lower trendline in the 1045
  range. Also bothering me is the break of the steep red trendline in all
  breadth models even though the last high remains unconfirmed.

  In sum, looking over my weekend work, I see little which has changed from
  a week ago, a month ago, or even six months ago when the SPX was 1015 and
  everything was pointing to a significant correction. Unless something changes
  radically, I will not be pressing the short side as hard as expected.

  EarlTo
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor