[RT] Fw: VARIABLE ANNUITY INTO IRA (ROTH)

Group-

Got the answer to my question from an
attorney.  This reply may help someone else.

Chas
====

Hi Charles,

Before the money is distributed out of an Annuity, you can use Section 1035
to exchange one Annuity for another Annuity; however, after the distribution is
made, no deferral is possible. You are correct that an Annuity cannot be rolled
over into an IRA.

Unfortunately, there is no way to take the tax bite away. The taxes are
deferred, but not avoided as in a tax-free investment which typically has a much
lower yield.

Regards,Board Certified in Estate Planning & Probate Lawby the
Texas Board of Legal Specialization

Law Offices of
<BLOCKQUOTE

  Do you know who I could ask this question of; to
  insure a correct answer?

  I would think the answer is 'no' but I need to be
  sure.  The question is whether it is <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>possible to roll a variable annuity over (after money is taken out and
  taxes paid) into an IRA; which would
  probably be a Roth IRA?

  Looks like there's no way around; nor any
  redeeming financial scenerio;for one taking monies out of annuities
  without having
  to bite the tax bullet.

  Thanks for any feedback.

  ChasTo
  unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor