Re: [RT] INDU

You confirm almost everything that I have
stated.  Bull or bear is in the eye of the beholder.  It is strictly
dependant upon what time frame one is looking at.  The market which is
bearish on a 15 minute chart can be bullish on a daily chart and that bullish
daily chart can be nothing more then a retracement of a very bearish down
move.  Any individual can define bull or bear.  Look at the daily
charts for the techs and most of them are in bullish moves having doubled
tripled or done even better off of their lows.  Then look at a weekly or
monthly chart and tell me if a stock that was $80,$100, or $300 3 years ago and
is currently trading below $20 is bullish looking on a chart.  Trading is
dependant upon the individuals trading methodology.   So bull or bear
depends upon the time frame the trader is trading and has very little to do with
what has been going on for the past 300 years.  I now know that the Dow can
fall to 5000 and still be in a 300 year bull market.  I also know that I
can trade that retracement for 4000+ points as a contra trend trade.

You can do the same thing for the Yen or the Swiss
Franc.  Go back to when the Yen was 450 to the dollar and when the Swiss
Franc and D Mark were worth 25 cents and tell me that there has ever been a bear
market in those currencies or whether the retracement of the bull move is
over.   Has the British pound ever been in a bullish  move.
Is the move from a $1 to $1.65 a bull move?  Only if your time frame is
right.

In trading you have to understand that charts are
like a magic trick.  There are moves within moves, and depending where you
start and where you end, there can be many moves.  I can be short and
someone else can be long the same item and we can both be profitable if we are
trading different time frames and different cycles.  So if you say short
this or that or go long, state what time frame you are talking about.  I
can look at the same chart and I always see two moves.  One up and one
down.  I try not to have an opinion, because every time I have one it costs
me money.  Price will tell you which way it is going and it is never
wrong.  It is the traders time selection that is usually the
culprit.   Good trading,  Ira
<BLOCKQUOTE